Thursday, April 1, 2010


This is a satellite image of San Francisco hybridized with street names and neighborhoods. I chose this map because I lived in San Francisco for five years prior to moving to LA and I love it so much. I like the use of satellite imagery mixed with street names and places. The source of this map is www.friscovista.com/orientation/san-francisco...








This is an old USGS topographical map of the island of Oahu. The source is the U.S. Geological Survey in Cooperation with the Territory of Hawaii. 1930. the Library of Congress.

I chose this map because I lived on Oahu for four years and am fascinated by its topography. I also love the way these old maps look. The dull colors and fine lines really make you look closely at the information given.

No comments:

Post a Comment